We believe in the healing power of the Human-Animal bond.
Animal-Assisted Therapy of the Triangle believes in the evidence-based healing power of the Human-Animal bond. According to the American Veterinary Association (AVMA, 2018), “The human-animal bond is a mutually beneficial and dynamic relationship between people and animals that is influenced by behaviors that are essential to the health and well-being of both. This includes, but is not limited to, emotional, psychological, and physical interactions of people, animals, and the environment.” Our Therapy Animals are co-therapists in a triadic relationship, with each therapist and client to accelerate growth and transformation via the mind, body, spirit connection.
To have a significant measurable impact on the health and wellbeing of our community, with an emphasis on the mind, body, spirit connection. Working with animals across a variety of settings to collaborate with people and organizations in the communities we serve to help people thrive and reach their full potential.
1. Provide a welcoming environment to clients, delivering reliable and dependable counseling services to them.
2. Pursue professional growth and learning, contributing to the expanding knowledge base of animal assisted therapy.
3. Create a great work environment and build a positive team through honest communication, treating each other with respect and dignity.
4. Embrace diversity as an essential component of the way we work together and work with our clients.
5. Continuous process improvement is the key to unlocking our success and staying relevant to the clients we serve.
6. Embrace success and failure equally, recognizing both will occur and neither are a permanent state of being (Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts –Winston Churchill).
7. Embrace and drive change within our company and within the communities we serve.
8. Be passionate, determined, creative and open-minded.
9. Be humble.
10. Have fun!